- There are 3,700 associates currently employed at Plant
- Plant Swindon has around 800 associates.
- BMW Plant Hams Hall plant also has around 800 associates.
- In 2011, BMW Group announced £500million of investment for its
UK production sites, bringing the total to around £1billion since
- Production of the new MINI started in April 2001.
- The MINI paint facility was the UK's second biggest
construction project (after the Millennium Dome) and cost £80
- Approximately 2,800 separate parts are fitted on Plant Oxford's
final assembly line.
- There are approximately 4000 different parts supplied to Plant
Oxford for the production of the MINI.
- More than 500 robots apply approximately 4,000 spot welds to
create the MINI bodyshell.
- The total area of the paintshop is 38,430 square metres.
- Taking MINIs by train saves approximately 925,000 lorry miles
- More than 200 checks are carried out in assembly to ensure the
correct parts are fitted and quality is as high as possible.